There are a myriad of attractions and activities to enjoy in the Ovens Valley . We have 4 very distinct seasons in Bright with a lot of activities to do specifically for each season – just to name a few:
- Seek the shade, read a book, or swim to cool down
- Wandiligong Café and Maze and mini golf
- Nightingales apple orchard
- Freeburgh horse trail rides
- Eurobin deer and emu farm
- Harrietville trout farms and lavender farms
- Bright Splash Park & swimming hole
- Canoe on lake Catani at Mt Buffalo
- Walks in the high country areas
- Water-ski or fish on Lake Buffalo
- Paraglide or hang-glide from mystic Hill near the Bright township
- Purchase a gourmet picnic lunch complete with basket and enjoy the river.
Autumn is infamous for our 2 week “Autumn Festival” which runs for the last week of April and the1st week of May each year. Full details of events can be found at www.brightautumnfestival.com.au
- River walks amongst the leaves, Canyon walk and cherry walk (2 of our finest) and both accessed from the caravan park.
- Fly fishing on the Buckland River
- Afternoon music concerts in Howitt Park
- Picking fresh berries from Smoko Berry Farm and the Bright Berry Farms
- Golf at the 18 Hole Bright Country Golf Club. www.brightgolf.org.au
- Lunch at Boyntons Winery and Café
- Bright Art Galleries display and sales of approx 800 paintings
- Dinner at one of our many wonderful restaurants, next to the open fire
A wonderland for snow activities
Access to the high country is made easier because we can access 3 mountains for all snow play activities.
- Mt Buffalo and Cresta Valley for families and good tobogganing. This mountain is a 45 min drive from Bright and is the cheapest mountain to “learn to ski”at. Approx $49 per adult and $39 per child for a beginner lesson and lift ticket.
- Falls Creek - called the cosmopolitan mountain. Approx 1.25 hours drive from Bright and a good sheltered ski field area catering for all levels of skiers, especially beginners and intermediates.
- Mt Hotham – sometimes called the skiers mountain. Approx 1 hour from Bright is the mountain for serious skiers with most of the slopes for intermediate and advanced skiers
- Ski Hire – from JD's for Skis in bright will offer discounted rates to all our clients on all hire equipment
See the last of the snow capped mountains with fresh clear air and new spring growth bursting from all the trees.
- Drive to the township of Beechworth (40 mins) and enjoy the fantastic antique and gift shops, lunch beside Lake Sambell
- Milawa gourmet area is another great drive (40 mins) to enjoy Brown Brothers wines, Milawa Cheese Factory, Milawa Mustards.
- Gold pan in the Ovens or Buckland rivers.
- Play tennis or bring your bowls for a social afternoon at the Bowls Club
- Buffet dinner on Sundays at the Myrtleford Savoy Club and indulge in a flutter on the pokies at the same time.
- Hot Rods show and shine weekend (2 nd weekend each November)
- Street craft markets
- Hire a mountain bike to explore the many local bike trails ( www.railtrail.com.au )
- Cinema at the Bright Visitors Centre.
|Murray to the Mountains
North East Victorias Premier Cycling Trail